Under 5 Fest - 2017
21 Mar to 26 Mar
Under 5 Fest - Celebrate Science through Play!
Science Alive's annual Under 5 Fest is back March 2017 - located at Table Tennis Canterbury (on Blenheim Road), our popular kids Science Festival will be better than ever!
Children and adults can explore a wide range of hands-on science-based activities.
The Under 5 Fest is a unique experience for young children, as all the exhibits are built with them in mind - they can interact with: farm animals from Pony Parties, the construction zone blocks + working crane, giant soft material bugs, a fully stocked puppet stage, giant gears, wind turbines and much, much more!
As always there will be our usual exhibits and some brand spanking new ones to play with.
The Under 5 Fest celebrates Science through play and encourages young children to ask questions about the world around them.
Under 2s are FREE entry
$6 per person (both children and adults above the age of 2)
Door sales available - we take both EFTPOS and cash (no cash-out facility onsite but there is one across the road at The Warehouse).
- Our balloon creator + face-painter take cash only - so don't forget to bring some coins!
- Food and coffee will be available from the in-house cafe - they will be taking EFTPOS or cash (for that much-needed coffee break and snack).
- Parking will be a little snug as always (over 4,000 people attended in 2016!), with Warehouse parking also available across the road (please be careful crossing with young-ones). Our traffic volunteers will be there to help you navigate the on-site carparks safety - please be patient.
- Mornings are the busiest time for Under 5 Fest, so for quieter periods (and more space to run about!), we'd advise joining us in the afternoon.
- There is a Bus Stop very close to the venue – this would avoid any parking hassles on the day. J
Tuesday 21st - Sunday 26th March 2017
9:30 - 4:30 every day
Large bookings + ECE groups can contact Nicky at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info and updates are available at the website from December 1st 2016 at: www.U5FEST.co.nz - we'd love to see your photos and videos of the event too! #U5FEST