BeThere.co.nz is a promotional tool for events held in the Christchurch/Canterbury regions. It is not to be used as a 'noticeboard’, but rather a tool to show the vibrancy of the city. If your event does not meet the criteria listed below it may not be included on the BeThere Website.
We're sorry that if your event does not meet the criteria below, BeThere is unable to promote it. If you want to list details of your group or an ongoing course or programme, the CINCH directory may be able to help. CINCH is unable to list events.
**BeThere staff reserve the right to use their discretion when deciding to list an event on the site and the criteria listed below is just a guide**
PLEASE NOTE: If your event is to be held on public land (roadways, parks, reserves) you will be required to gain approval for your event from Christchurch City Council prior to your event being advertised on BeThere.co.nz
- Event must be open to the public to attend
- The event must have at least some part of it held in the Christchurch or wider Canterbury region
- Event can be a one-off event
- Courses, programmes, workshops, tutorials, retreats, sales or any listings deemed more as Community Notices are not considered events and will not be listed on the site.
- Event date must be complete within at least two months (eight weeks) from the start date (with the exception of regular, on-going farmers markets)
- Must be open to the public to participate
- Must be an event of regional significance where spectators are encouraged to attend (i.e. Crusaders rugby games, National tournaments) You must be expecting to attract 1,000 spectators to attend.
- Your market must reoccur on a regular basis.
- Garage sales, car-boot sales or anything deemed similar is not considered a 'Market'
- Your event must be open for the general public to attend (n.b this does not include promoting school reunions/jubilees etc)
- Your event must be attempting to attract at least 500 attendees
Priority promotion of events
Some events will be profiled on the homepage and these will be selected based on:
- Events supported by CCC Festival and Events Grants
- The hero event/s of each season will be promoted in top spot on site
- There will also be major events spots which will rotate on the homepage
- Events will be selected based on balance of the event offerings for that particular season
- The events will rotate based on date
About BE THERE
For Event Organisers
New Brighton Community Market is a seaside market that runs on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.
The Opawa Farmers' Market prides itself on a having a strong contingent of local growers supplying an abundance of fresh ...
Christchurch's original Farmers' Market.
Set in the stunning grounds of Riccarton House, the Farmers' Market runs each Saturday morning from ...